[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Yuosef

John Graybeal jgraybeal at stanford.edu
Sun Oct 1 19:03:42 PDT 2017

Yuosef,

The BioPortal location for downloading the file is the RDF/XML link on the summary page. But since you want to import it, I recommend you use the canonical IRI. The namespace of the ontology is http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/doid.owl#, and the base is http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/doid.owl.

It appears that the IRI http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/doid.owl redirects to download the DOID from the IRI
 https://raw.githubusercontent.com/DiseaseOntology/HumanDiseaseOntology/master/src/ontology/doid.owl, so that should work as an import location.

Alternatively you can download the file to your own location and import it from there, but if you want to publish your ontology, then using the public IRI is best.

John