[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Kellie Fay

Michael Dorf mdorf at stanford.edu
Tue Oct 3 15:28:07 PDT 2017

Hi Kellie,

Thank you for writing to us. Are you possibly referring to the mappings page that displays the alternate classes in different ontologies that are mapped to the given class? For your “Umbilicus/Navel” example, the link would be:

https://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/FMA?p=classes&conceptid=http%3A%2F%2Fpurl.org%2Fsig%2Font%2Ffma%2Ffma61584#mappings<https://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/FMA?p=classes&conceptid=http://purl.org/sig/ont/fma/fma61584#mappings>

If you are looking for this info programmatically, you can use this REST service:

http://data.bioontology.org/ontologies/FMA/classes/http%3A%2F%2Fpurl.org%2Fsig%2Font%2Ffma%2Ffma61584/mappings<http://data.bioontology.org/ontologies/FMA/classes/http://purl.org/sig/ont/fma/fma61584/mappings>

For a full list of mappings for a particular ontology, you can use the link below:

https://bioportal.bioontology.org/mappings

Thanks again, and let us know if you have further questions.

Michael