[bioontology-support] while trying to make an update: "We're sorry but something has gone wrong. We have been notified of this error."

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Tue Oct 17 14:24:55 PDT 2017

Hello Anders & Egon,

On Oct 17, 2017, at 1:17 PM, Anders Riutta <anders.riutta at gladstone.ucsf.edu<mailto:anders.riutta at gladstone.ucsf.edu>> wrote:

Thanks for digging into this, Egon.

Isn't there a feature for automatic, recurrent synchronization of the ontologies?

Yes - when you submit an ontology to BioPortal, you have the option to specify the source file location as a URL that the application will check on a nightly basis for new versions.

I think at one point I set up the WIKIPATHWAYS ontology to use this, but I had to pass it through a format converter proxy. Could that be causing any problems?

I looked at the submission information for WIKIPATHWAYS. It’s currently configured to pull from this URL:

http://vocabularies.wikipathways.org/wp.rdf

Accessing that URL results in a 404 error. You could either specify a working URL, or create a new submission with a one-time file upload if you no longer plan to make the ontology file available at a URL.