[bioontology-support] Submission of SCIO ontology

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Wed Sep 20 07:58:11 PDT 2017

Hello Matthias,

The “Load from URL” property of your ontology submission was set to a directory instead of a complete path that includes the name of the ontology file that you want BioPortal to check nightly. I created a new submission of your ontology and changed the previous value from http://psink.de/scio to http://psink.de/scio/SCIO_51.owl. Your ontology is now fully parsed and available in BioPortal.

If you’re interested in publishing new versions to that location, a suggested best practice is to use a file name without a version number, e.g.:

http://psink.de/scio/SCIO.owl

… and instead indicate the version in your ontology source file via the owl:versionInfo property. The BioPortal software looks for this property at parse time and will display the value in the submission column of the Submissions table on the ontology summary page. This advice is optional though.