[bioontology-support] anotator

Alexander Garcia Castro alexgarciac at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 06:59:08 PDT 2017

Hi all. I am using the NCBO annotator and I like it. In a paper I just
submitted the reviewer is saying that there are other NER tools that are
better. this may be true but when processing the whole of PMC over a web
service against all biomedical ontologies or a big portion of them then...
is there anything as reliable as bioportal annotator? could some one help
me out with some reference that justifies the choice of  the ncbo
annotator? I am using it because I dont know if there is a web service that
is as reliable when processing lots of texts and also that works against
all of biomedical ontologies -in my case it is pretty much a choice due to
the need to reuse other peoples infrastructure because I would not be able
to process it on my own.

also, there are lots of other NER tools but why was this one specifically
selected for the NCBO NER service? as oppose to using another NER tool for
the NCBO annotator.

cheers.

--
Alexander Garcia