[bioontology-support] APO URL error clarification

Sage Thery Hellerstedt sageh at stanford.edu
Fri Sep 29 12:14:43 PDT 2017

Hi BioPortal Team,

We received the following error message at the Saccharomyces Genome Database about the APO (on 9/26):

“BioPortal failed to load Ascomycete Phenotype Ontology (APO) from URL: http://obo.cvs.sourceforge.net/*checkout*/obo/obo/ontology/phenotype/ascomycete_phenotype.obo.

Please verify the URL you provided for daily loading of your ontology:

  1.  Make sure you are signed in to BioPortal.
  2.  Navigate to your ontology summary page: http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/APO.
  3.  Click the "Edit submission information" link.
  4.  In the Location row, verify that you entered a valid URL for daily loading of your ontology in the URL text area.

The above URL appears active for me, could you please clarify if there is a problem with it?

Additionally, we are having difficulty accessing the “edit submission information” for the APO as the person who used to do this is no longer with the group. Could you direct me how to make an account with editing privileges or is there is an existing account/email address on file we could access?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Sage Hellerstedt

Biocuration Assistant