[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from cloudcray

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Thu Aug 2 15:11:51 PDT 2018

Hello,

On Aug 1, 2018, at 8:46 AM, support at bioontology.org<mailto:support at bioontology.org> wrote:

On the Class Endpoint, the synonym property is consistently returning only one result. However, when using the search API, I can see multiple synonyms:

Search request (6 synonyms):
http://data.bioontology.org/search?q=99213

Class request (1 synonym):
http://data.bioontology.org/ontologies/CPT/classes/http%3A%2F%2Fpurl.bioontology.org%2Fontology%2FCPT%2F99213

Is this a bug? Or is there a parameter I need to set to return multiple synonyms/"altLabels"?

No, there isn’t a parameter you need to set to get multiple return values for synonyms.

I manually reindexed the CPT ontology and flushed our application caches to rule out a problem with indexing on the latest version. The indexing completed successfully, but I still see the same behavior you describe above.

My colleague that implemented the search functionality in BioPortal is better equipped to track down what’s happening, although he’s out on vacation at the moment. I’ve entered an issue in our tracker:

https://github.com/ncbo/ontologies_api/issues/51

Apologies that we may not be able to get you an answer until he returns.