[bioontology-support] bulk download of mapping data?

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Thu Aug 2 15:26:44 PDT 2018

Hi Mark,

On Aug 1, 2018, at 5:38 AM, Miller, Mark <markampa at pennmedicine.upenn.edu<mailto:markampa at pennmedicine.upenn.edu>> wrote:

Thanks, Jennifer.  I understand.

I modified the python label-fetching example https://github.com/ncbo/ncbo_rest_sample_code/blob/master/python/python3/get_labels.py to get mappings.  I also wrote an R script that gets terms from the search API.

If you’re so inclined, we welcome pull requests for additions to our sample code repository.

I’m thinking of ways to make them more efficient, but in the absence of that, there may be times when I send queries that require a lot of paging.

You’re not the only person that’s requested mappings as static file downloads. I’ve entered an issue in our tracker for this topic:

https://github.com/ncbo/bioportal-project/issues/84

… in the event you wanted to +1 it, and/or add any comments.