[bioontology-support] Snomed RDF modeling

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Mon Dec 10 08:45:05 PST 2018

Hello Max,

On Dec 9, 2018, at 5:05 AM, Maxim Veksler <maxv at khealth.ai<mailto:maxv at khealth.ai>> wrote:

I wonder where I could find the actual code the allows translations / mapping from UMLS / Snomed to RDF format?

I've looked at https://github.com/ncbo/umls2rdf and it looks a bit dusty.

The repository you list above is the actual code used by the BioPortal project to generate RDF Turtle files from a UMLS database. The scripts are employed roughly twice per year when the UMLS does their major releases, e.g., 2018AA, 2018AB.

I've also explored the dataset available under http://bio2rdf.org<http://bio2rdf.org/> but couldn't find any conversion scripts there, but still it seems queries including SNOMED values[1] are being made avaialble

We don’t maintain the bio2rdf project. They provide a mailing list on their home page - if you have questions about that project, you might try contacting them directly.