[bioontology-support] Using biomedical ontology feature in REDCap

O'Neill, Monica Monica.O'Neill at calvarymater.org.au
Sun Feb 4 18:51:17 PST 2018

Hello,

I am an administrator of REDCap for my institution. I am very keen to employ the biomedical ontology functionality within REDCap for use in our clinical trials, but I am having some technical issues.

When I copy-paste the API token from my account with NCBO (username: monicaoneill), REDCap tells me this is not a valid token. I searched the online REDCap community and found others experienced the same error (see image below), which turned out to be because of security settings at their institution. I contacted Yelena Fridgant to ask for more details but she was unable to assist any further other than remembering she asked her IT Department to "whitelist" the website.

I have been in contact with Alberto Varas (cc'd) from my institutions IT department, who made every attempt to figure out which URL specifically needed "whitelisting". Are you able to help in this regard? I would be happy to provide you with more information if you need it, just let Alberto and myself know.

[cid:image001.png at 01D39E86.7F568820]

Many thanks in advance,
Monica O'Neill
Data Manager |Clinical Cancer Research Network
monica.o'neill at calvarymater.org.au<mailto:monica.o'neill at calvarymater.org.au>

Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday
Calvary Mater Newcastle
Due to hot-desking arrangements, please contact via email

Thursday and Friday
John Hunter Hospital
Tel 02 4923 6397 | Fax 02 4921 4274

This message is intended for the addressee and may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify the sender. Views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, and are not necessarily the views of the Calvary Mater Newcastle or NSW Health.