[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Simon Cox

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Thu Feb 8 17:54:21 PST 2018

Hello Simon,

On Feb 8, 2018, at 4:18 PM, support at bioontology.org<mailto:support at bioontology.org> wrote:

Name: Simon Cox

Email: simon.cox at csiro.au<mailto:simon.cox at csiro.au>

Location: http%3A%2F%2Fbioportal.bioontology.org<http://2Fbioportal.bioontology.org>%2Fontologies%2FTIME

Feedback:

I tried to register the W3C OWL-Time ontology last year.
Its listed here http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/TIME
Something went wrong, but I do not understand the error message.
In particular the class tree does not render properly.
This is now a W3C 'Recommendation' so I think merits listing in BioPortal.
Any comments?

I looked at the latest submission for the TIME ontology. During the parsing process in BioPortal, we have some code that generates labels for any classes don’t have labels declared. After generating that data, an error occurs when the system attempts to load it into the triplestore. The error is rather deep in the stack, and it wasn’t immediately obvious to me what the problem is. I’ve entered an issue in our tracker:

https://github.com/ncbo/bioportal-project/issues/66

… so that we can spend some time debugging.