[bioontology-support] labels for Time ontology

John Graybeal jgraybeal at stanford.edu
Sun Feb 11 13:40:34 PST 2018

perhaps we should do a quick test with that change in BioPortal, to see if it behaves better.

john

On Feb 11, 2018, at 1:09 PM, Simon.Cox at csiro.au<mailto:Simon.Cox at csiro.au> wrote:

> The OWL 2 spec makes a distinction between datatype and class:

Yes. And that's also partly why owl:Class != rdfs:Class.
But I don't think that's the issue here.
It's about how a datatype is formally defined.

RDFS says that all datatypes are subclasses of rdfs:Literal which makes complete sense.
I think there may be a question whether that should be captured using the rdfs:subClassOf axiom.
Else this is where Bioportal might be too fierce.

Anyway, the inclusion of a definition of xsd:dateTimeStamp in this ontology is not necessary since it is defined elsewhere (in the xsd spec) so I will see if we can get it removed from the RDF sources.

Simon