[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Andrey Fedorov

John Graybeal jgraybeal at stanford.edu
Sun Feb 11 14:53:29 PST 2018

Andrey,

To answer this question in a useful way (not just "yes"), we'd need to hear more details about your use case, including the exact queries you're trying to answer, and when and for how long it has seemed slow.

Many of the queries can be expected to take seconds to tens of seconds, because they have to perform a lot of computations and/or transmit a lot of data. (When I look at the class list in DICOM, it seems to take a while, but it's sending information about more than 3000 terms over my slow DSL...)

So if you can post some example queries (or indicate what web page you're trying to access), and tell us your expectations in terms of response time, we can tell whether we need to troubleshoot something, and if so, what.  Thanks!

John