[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Alsayed Algergawy

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Wed Feb 21 18:07:23 PST 2018

Hello Dr. Algergawy,

We don’t have enough information from you yet to offer help.

When you say “downloading ontologies”, what does this mean? Are you downloading ontology source files to disk? Or, are you retrieving class data from each ontology in Bioportal using the /classes endpoint?

Also, you say that your code fails reliably on the 110th ontology. Please add some log statements to your code that outputs which ontology you’re processing. We can’t do much if we don’t know which ontology is causing issues. In addition, please indicate the REST call that returns a 500 error. Also helpful would be some sort of a code snippet from you for the portion of the code that’s failing.