[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from ulfschwarz

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Wed Feb 21 18:25:35 PST 2018

Hello Ulf,

Unfortunately, changing acronyms isn’t allowed. They are used as unique and unchangeable identifiers in the system. The only way to do this would be to create a new ontology entry with your desired acronym. Acronyms in BioPortal are always uppercase. Using VDOT_CORE is an option, though that’s the one you just asked me to delete. Let us know what you’d like to do.