[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Christian Kamann

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Wed Feb 28 12:08:06 PST 2018

Hello Christian,

Are you referring to the “Has finding site” property?

Here’s an example of a REST call that uses the include=all parameter to include property value pairs when retrieving data for a particular class:

http://data.bioontology.org/ontologies/SNOMEDCT/classes/http%3A%2F%2Fpurl.bioontology.org%2Fontology%2FSNOMEDCT%2F472763005?include=all<http://data.bioontology.org/ontologies/SNOMEDCT/classes/http://purl.bioontology.org/ontology/SNOMEDCT/472763005?include=all>

I used as an example the “Disorder of left atrium” class from SNOMEDCT. If you enter the above URL in a browser window, you can take a look at the JSON results and notice that there’s an array of property value pairs under “properties”. You would need to loop through those to extract the value for the “Has finding site” property.

The classes endpoint is documented here:

http://data.bioontology.org/documentation#Class

… and the general usage section of the documentation elaborates on common parameters like include=all, etc.:

 http://data.bioontology.org/documentation#nav_usage