[bioontology-support] Local Copy of Medra & RXNorm For Semantic Project

John Graybeal jgraybeal at stanford.edu
Wed Jan 3 11:12:09 PST 2018

Hello,

Thank you for your interest.

First, two important notes:
  (A) We have not yet imported the 2017 releases of the UMLS ontologies, We hope to do so in January.
  (B) Ontology license information is provided at the summary page for the ontology, and these license terms must be followed. (I note particularly the requirement that use of MEDDRA for commercial purposes requires a license fee, in case that applies.)

That covered, the RXNORM ontology is available as a file download from the summary page, under the Submissions section (as RDF/TTL).

We will contact you offline about MEDDRA availability once we are back in the office next Monday. In the meantime, you may wish to explore the MEDDRA site, and the UMLS registration process, if you have not done so already—there has been quite a bit of development in recent years, and there may even be a more straightforward access mechanism that we have not integrated into BioPortal. (If so, please let us know.) In any case, from past experience I expect UMLS registration would be a part of the licensing terms to be able to access and use MEDDRA.

John