[bioontology-support] Account Request

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Wed Jan 17 14:19:09 PST 2018

Hi Tiffany,

On Jan 17, 2018, at 11:49 AM, Callahan, Tiffany <TIFFANY.CALLAHAN at UCDENVER.EDU<mailto:TIFFANY.CALLAHAN at UCDENVER.EDU>> wrote:

I thought I had used this email to make the request, but there is a chance that the request was made under callahantiff at gmail.com<mailto:callahantiff at gmail.com>. Do you by chance have a request under that email? I was requesting the username “callahantiff”, not sure if that is a field you can search for as well.

I didn’t find any user accounts with your Gmail address, or the username you list above.

On a related note, we don’t require you to confirm account creation via email. When you fill out this form on the website:

https://bioportal.bioontology.org/accounts/new

… and click the Create button, you should be navigated to the Ontology Browse page, and notice that the “Login” link in the top right has changed to your username.

The text blurb on the new user account page that mentions email confirmation refers to signing up for the BioPortal announcements mailing list.

Perhaps you could try creating an account again at the page above and let us know what you see? Do you get an error message?

Thank you again for your help!

Best-

Tiffany J. Callahan, MPH
PhD Student
Computational Bioscience
University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus
E: tiffany.callahan at ucdenver.edu<mailto:tiffany.callahan at ucdenver.edu>
P: 505-917-0197