[bioontology-support] EDAM update - same problem again - please help

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Wed Jan 17 16:11:23 PST 2018

Hi Matus,

Another instance of the same kind of problem:

I uploaded a new version of http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/EDAM-BIOIMAGING about an hour ago, and it still shows it as not parsed at the summary page at http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/EDAM-BIOIMAGING, whether I'm looged in, or not logged in a private browser window.

I was able to reproduce this behavior here (I’ve cleared BioPortal’s caches, so your ontology is accessible now). BioPortal has 3 distinct caching layers in the stack. Based on the information provided in your last two messages, we think we’ve narrowed the problem to the client side in-memory cache.

I’ve entered an issue in our tracker against the code base that contains the front end caching code:

https://github.com/ncbo/ontologies_api_ruby_client/issues/2

This is where we’ll post progress updates on this issue.