[bioontology-support] BioPortal: Questions

Vanderschaeghe Simon Simon.Vanderschaeghe at uzgent.be
Tue Jul 10 06:04:36 PDT 2018

Dear Support,

I have some questions regarding the use of BioPortal. Would it be possible for you to provide me with some feedback?

*         It seems that somehow the Semantic Type Ontology (STY) got mixed up within the Anatomical Therapeutic Chemical Classification (ATC). Initially, when looking at the classes for ATC<https://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/ATC/?p=classes&conceptid=root>, everything seems fine. However, when using "Jump To" in combination with any of the classes for STY<https://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/STY/?p=classes&conceptid=root>, all classes from STY can be found within ATC (e.g. Jump To: Event<https://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/ATC/?p=classes&conceptid=http%3A%2F%2Fpurl.bioontology.org%2Fontology%2FSTY%2FT051&jump_to_nav=true>). As a result, when searching for ATC terms using the API, STY terms are also returned. Could this be fixed please?

*         By looking at the aforementioned issue, I noticed that https://bioportal.bioontology.org reacts differently depending on whether the user is logged in or not. For instance, when searching for the term "Event"<https://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/ATC/?p=classes&conceptid=http%3A%2F%2Fpurl.bioontology.org%2Fontology%2FSTY%2FT051&jump_to_nav=true>:

o   Not logged in: expected behavior

o   Logged in: error message "We're sorry but something has gone wrong. We have been notified of this error."

*         Finally, some time ago (2018-04-24) I added some notes to International Classification of Diseases, Version 10 (ICD10)<https://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/ICD10/?p=notes>, because I found out that some classes are missing. As I noticed that these classes are not yet added, could you please enlighten me on the correct procedure to correct an  ontology?

If you need any other information (e.g. screenshots), please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thanks in advance!
Kind regards,
Simon

SIMON VANDERSCHAEGHE
Clinical Data Manager
Bimetra, Clinical Research Center Gent | www.bimetra.be

[UZ Gent]<https://www.uzgent.be/>

Universitair Ziekenhuis Gent | C. Heymanslaan 10 | 9000 Gent
T +32 9 332 09 23 | T +32 9 332 05 30 (secr.)
simon.vanderschaeghe at uzgent.be<mailto:simon.vanderschaeghe at uzgent.be>
Ingang 81 | Route 812 | uzgent.be<http://www.uzgent.be> | [Facebook UZ Gent] <https://www.facebook.com/uzgent> | [Twitter UZ Gent] <https://twitter.com/UZGent>

[Banner UZ Gent]