[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from ORDO_Orphanet

John Graybeal jgraybeal at stanford.edu
Thu Jul 12 17:06:06 PDT 2018

Unfortunately, we are not able to duplicate your problem when we try it here.

We're seeing a number of complaints that suggest that people in different locations are getting different BioPortal experiences, and we haven't fully analyzed this situation yet. If you would like to help us directly troubleshoot this problem, please contact me off-list about coordinating a call. Otherwise we hope to learn more soon about the nature of this unusual problem.

Some questions for you, just to be sure we understand the problem correctly:

* Are you using the account of someone who has authority to edit the page?
* What exactly are you doing when you "try to edit our page"—editing the ontology information or submission information?
* What browser are you using? Can you try it from another browser and/or another machine?

You could try following instructions such as the following, to make sure your browser is not cacheing the error.
1) Open the Chrome developer tools as described at http://anti-code.com/devtools-cheatsheet/.
2) In the top left of the page, right click or control-click on the refresh icon and choose “Empty Cache and Hard Reload”
3) Close the developer tools with the small X at upper right, or by entering the key sequence again.

Thanks for your contribution, and sorry for the trouble. We'll post as soon as we know more.

John

[cid:2F9F2649-7627-4603-9C51-E2D01ED32345 at stanford.edu]