[bioontology-support] BioPortal: Questions

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Fri Jul 13 15:19:37 PDT 2018

Hi again Simon,

There’s one other thing I’m wondering about. Are you able to issue a REST call in your browser for this term with our REST API? You would enter this URL in the browser:

http://data.bioontology.org/ontologies/ATC/classes/http%3A%2F%2Fpurl.bioontology.org%2Fontology%2FSTY%2FT051?apikey=your_api_key_here<http://data.bioontology.org/ontologies/ATC/classes/http://purl.bioontology.org/ontology/STY/T051?apikey=your_api_key_here>

You need to enter your API key at the end of the URL, which you can access in the Account Settings section of the BioPortal UI. (After logging in, click on your account name to open the drop down menu and choose Account Settings). If the call is successful, you would see this in the way of a return result:

[cid:366A6131-2B51-4615-8D36-5BD85730D373 at stanford.edu]