[bioontology-support] Request for information - API key for bio-ontology annotator and technical information

George Shannon gjscnc at mst.edu
Fri Jul 20 19:20:03 PDT 2018

I am a volunteer research member of the Systems Engineering Dept. and the
Applied Computational Intelligence Lab at the Missouri University of
Science and Technology (MST).

I am investigating entity recognition methods, and wish to perform
comparisons of existing methods against an innovative approach we have
developed biomedical text. We use an ontology-based approach, principally
SNOMED-CT.

I'm contacting you for technical information regarding use of the annotator
REST-full service.

As I understand it, this service is the Open Biomedical Annotator as
described in Jonquet C, Shah NH, Musen MA. The Open Biomedical Annotator.
Summit on Translational Bioinformatics. 2009;2009:56-60.  This papers notes
use of the MGrep method for identifying medical entities in text.

Would you mind helping me in three area: 1) confirm use of the MGrep entity
recognizer, 2) can I obtain an API key for use of the annotator via the
REST interface, and 3) does a parameter exist in the API for limiting
results to a particular ontology?

I would greatly appreciate your help.

Best Regards,

George

--
George J. Shannon, PhD SE
Missouri University of Science and Technology
gjscnc at mst.edu