[bioontology-support] Ontology mapping

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Mon Jul 23 15:31:12 PDT 2018

Hello Tatsuya,

On Jul 23, 2018, at 3:22 AM, Tatsuya Kushida <kushida at biosciencedbc.jp<mailto:kushida at biosciencedbc.jp>> wrote:

I'd like to get the total count of mappings between IOBC and MESH.
So, I ran the following API,
http://data.bioontology.org/mappings/?ontologies=IOBC,MESH .
However the result was "totalCount: 0".

On the other hand, I ran the following API,
http://data.bioontology.org/ontologies/IOBC/classes/http%3A%2F%2Fpurl.jp%2Fbio%2F4%2Fid%2F200906053522984593/mappings
.
As a result, I found one mapping between IOBC and MESH, namely
"http://purl.jp/bio/4/id/200906053522984593", and
"http://purl.bioontology.org/ontology/MESH/D019853".

How can I get the total count of mappings between IOBC and MESH all at once?

The first API call that you list above is the correct one for getting all mappings between IOBC and MESH.

Apologies, but after some initial investigation, it’s not immediately clear to me why you’re getting different results from the /mappings and /classes endpoints.

I noticed something else that seems unusual about BioPortal’s handling of IOBC. The class you refer to above with ID of "http://purl.jp/bio/4/id/200906053522984593”, is accessible via the REST endpoint, but doesn’t show up anywhere in the class tree in the BioPortal UI.

I entered an issue in our tracker [1], as we’ll need to investigate further. Apologies for the inconvenience.

[1] https://github.com/ncbo/ontologies_api/issues/50