[bioontology-support] Request for information - API key for bio-ontology annotator and technical information

John Graybeal jgraybeal at stanford.edu
Wed Jul 25 17:52:14 PDT 2018

George, all,

Following up with a bit more detail.

Please note you can find a few more recent articles about the annotator, or mentioning updates to the annotator, by searching https://scholar.google.com for 'ncbo annotator'.

The support archives are on Nabble at http://ncbo-support.2288202.n4.nabble.com.

1) There have been a large number of changes in the Annotator since 2009, by a significant number of people. For example see the Contributors in GitHub at https://github.com/ncbo/ncbo_annotator/graphs/contributors and the history tab at  https://github.com/ncbo/ncbo_annotator/commits/master/lib. I think it would be difficult to summarize the changes, especially in this moment, since the principles are mostly in other positions or on vacation. But the Release Notes (and pointers to earlier release notes) are at https://www.bioontology.org/wiki/BioPortal_Release_Notes, and you can search in your browser for 'annotat' to find many of the major changes summarized there. If you have more advanced questions after reviewing that material, contact us and we can try to put you in touch with the right people.

2) There are instructions for getting an API key on the BioPortal wiki:
https://www.bioontology.org/wiki/index.php/BioPortal_Help#Getting_an_API_key

3) The API documentation is indeed at http://data.bioontology.org/documentation. Note the first section entries apply to many other sections.

John