[bioontology-support] Radlex ontology

Pere Gil pgil at telemedicineclinic.com
Thu Mar 1 01:16:31 PST 2018

Good morning,

First of all, let me introduce myself. I'm Pere Gil, the IT Infrastructure manager at Telemedicine Clinic, an European Teleradiology company based in Barcelona with presence in several Nordic countries and the UK, providing both elective and on call services to public and private hospitals.

We are using RSNA's Teaching Files system (MIRC) and we are planning to replace it by a homemade solution. In order to do so and with the ability to perform more detailed queries we want to add metadata (keywords) to every archived case describing the exam in details as well as the related pathologies. We do think that the best way to achieve this purpose is using the Radlex Ontology. I've tried to download this from: http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/40885 but it doesn't work.

On the other hand, I've seen the relationship between RSNA RadLex and LOINC  and just wondering whether the RadLex Oncology is included or just the Playbook for medical procedures.

Thanks in advance

Kind Regards

Pere Gil Garcia
IT technical lead &