[bioontology-support] Radlex ontology

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Thu Mar 1 10:53:14 PST 2018

Hello Pere,

On Mar 1, 2018, at 1:16 AM, Pere Gil <pgil at telemedicineclinic.com<mailto:pgil at telemedicineclinic.com>> wrote:

Good morning,

First of all, let me introduce myself. I'm Pere Gil, the IT Infrastructure manager at Telemedicine Clinic, an European Teleradiology company based in Barcelona with presence in several Nordic countries and the UK, providing both elective and on call services to public and private hospitals.

We are using RSNA's Teaching Files system (MIRC) and we are planning to replace it by a homemade solution. In order to do so and with the ability to perform more detailed queries we want to add metadata (keywords) to every archived case describing the exam in details as well as the related pathologies. We do think that the best way to achieve this purpose is using the Radlex Ontology. I've tried to download this from: http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/40885 but it doesn't work.

I’m not sure where the URL you mention above comes from. The RadLex ontology is available for download from the BIoPortal user interface on this page:

http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/RADLEX

In the “Submissions” table directly below the ontology details, you can click the “OWL” link in the Downloads column for the latest version (3.14).

You can also download the ontology using our REST API from this link:

http://data.bioontology.org/ontologies/RADLEX/download

Use of the REST API required an API key. Instructions for getting an API key are available on our wiki:

https://www.bioontology.org/wiki/index.php/BioPortal_Help#Getting_an_API_key

I tested downloading RadLex from both links above and had no issues.

Let us know if you’re still having issues.