[bioontology-support] help with GAMUTS ontology

Filice, Ross W Ross.W.Filice at gunet.georgetown.edu
Tue Mar 6 10:07:41 PST 2018

Thanks John. Is there any way to add to these mappings? For example, while LOOM picked up some of the ORDO mappings we also explicitly included these as “sameAs” mappings. They show up as expected when browsing a class (for example http://www.gamuts.net/entity#tetralogy_of_Fallot) but do not show up under the “Mappings” tab. Is there some other way we should be flagging these?

Also, I might humbly suggest you use case-sensitive string matching with LOOM at least with some ontologies. This appears mostly to be a problem (for us at least) with the Ontology of Genes and Genomes where we get “mappings” like:
coma (like I’m unconscious) -> COMA (some gene)
air (like the stuff we breathe) -> AIR (some gene)
cyst (pocket of fluid) -> cysT (some gene)

thanks much,
Ross