[bioontology-support] Biomedical Ontology down?

Ashby, Allan John aja56 at pitt.edu
Mon Mar 12 10:16:29 PDT 2018

Hello

I manage a REDCap installation at University of Pittsburgh and we use the 'auto-suggest functionality for searching biomedical ontologies'.

Several of our users contacted us last week with complaints of the biomedical onotology search being down, the service seemed to come back up the next day. It seemed to go down again on Friday and they were unable to do any searches. One user has advised that this service is critical for their study.

Is there any reason for the outages? Are they planned? If so is there a schedule of planned outages? Or, is it possibly something on our end? Each time it's been unresponsive I've tried to manually hit the URL http://data.bioontology.org/ but that times out.

Thanks,
Allan

Allan Ashby
Department of Biomedical Informatics
University of Pittsburgh, School of Medicine
The Offices at Baum, Fourth Floor
5607 Baum Boulevard
Pittsburgh, PA  15206-3701

Phone: 412.624.9128