[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Manfred Hendlich

John Graybeal jgraybeal at stanford.edu
Tue Mar 13 11:50:05 PDT 2018

Hi Manfred,

Thanks for your question. Yes, updating all of the UMLS ontologies (for the last 2 releases) is definitely on our schedule. Unfortunately we have some underlying technical constraints that we need to resolve first, berfore we can run the translation software. So it will be at least 2-4 weeks before we can get to the first set, and the process can take from 1 to 3 weeks each, if there are no other high-priority interrupts between now and then.

I'm not sure if that counts as 'near future', but it hopefully gives you a target timeline.

John