[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Nedim Durmus

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Wed Mar 14 11:50:20 PDT 2018

Hello Nedim,

Are you referring to this ontology:

http://www.who.int/classifications/icd/adaptations/oncology/en/

?

If so, we’ve had a prior request to upload it to BioPortal. We were unable to do so because it doesn’t appear that they publish it in any format that BioPortal handles. BioPortal consumes ontologies in OWL, OBO, or SKOS format. According to the above web page, the only format available is CSV database files. If you’re aware of a version of the ontology in a format that BioPortal accepts, we’d be happy to help you try and get it submitted.