[bioontology-support] CTCAE Ontology

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Wed Mar 14 13:15:17 PDT 2018

Hello Sebastien,

I looked at the ontology you mention below in BioPortal. We are currently serving the ontology in OWL format. I navigated to the home page that’s listed in the Details pane (http://ctep.cancer.gov/protocolDevelopment/electronic_applications/ctc.htm). It’s unclear to me whether or not NCI has made version 5 available in OWL format (BioPortal doesn’t consume xls format).

I did some googling and ended up here:

https://evs.nci.nih.gov/ftp1/CTCAE/About.html

I can see an OWL distribution for version 4.03, but not 5.0. Do you happen to know who at NCI we could contact to find out more about whether they plan to publish the ontology in OWL? If it’s available somewhere in OWL format, we’re certainly willing to upload.