[bioontology-support] Bioportal Virtual Appliance Request

John Graybeal jgraybeal at stanford.edu
Tue Mar 20 14:09:22 PDT 2018

Sheeba, I am not sure why you are having problems seeing your classes; if that is the primary reason for your request, we should try to troubleshoot your problem first. It is quite likely the Virtual Appliance will not fix the problem. (Either because the same bug is in both systems, or the ontology itself has an issue.)

To let us help troubleshoot your problem, please reply to the list with a bit more information about what you are seeing. (Screenshots of what you are seeing are also quite helpful.)

If you want to pursue your request for the Virtual Appliance, please contact me offline at jgraybeal - at - stanford.edu about what you hope to gain by having the Virtual Appliance, so we can make sure it will help you. Thanks.

John

> On Mar 15, 2018, at 1:07 PM, Sheeba Samuel <sheeba.samuel at uni-jena.de> wrote:
>
> Dear Sir/Mam,
>
> I am Sheeba Samuel from Friedrich-Schiller University Jena, Germany. I
> am working on the project called ReceptorLight
> (http://www.receptorlight.uni-jena.de/) for which I have developed an
> ontology to model the scientific experiments in the domain of microscopy.
> You can find more information on this ontology in the following paper:
> https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-319-70407-4_4 .
>
> Recently, I uploaded the REPRODUCE-ME ontology to Bioportal through Web
> User Interface.(https://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/REPRODUCE-ME).
> I am having problem to see the classes when I am logged in my account.
> I would like to add more information to my ontology and maintain it in
> bioportal.
> For that, I would like to obtain VMWare Virtual Appliance. I would like
> to publish the ontology in bioportal so people can start using it. My
> username is sheebasamuel.
> Kindly accept my request for Bioportal Virtual Appliance for Ontology
> Management.
>

> Thanks & Regards,
> Sheeba Samuel
>
> Institut für Informatik