[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Baker

John Graybeal jgraybeal at stanford.edu
Thu Mar 22 01:25:55 PDT 2018

Sam,

If MIMS is provided as a conformant ontology (e.g., Protege can open it without errors), and you have permission, then it should be entirely possible for you to upload it without difficulty to BioPortal, and upgrade it whenever you want.

If the ontology is available on the web as a download, you can enter the download location into BioPortal, and it will monitor the location nightly for any changes, automatically uploading a new submission whenever a change is detected.

I am at a conference with a number of Australian counterparts, I may be able to learn more about MIMS from them as well.

john