[bioontology-support] new BioPortal release, may fix some recent issues

John Graybeal jgraybeal at stanford.edu
Thu Mar 22 02:03:13 PDT 2018

Hello everyone, an important quick update:

We have just released version 5.7.0 of BioPortal to production. This version includes fixes to at least 2 issues that may have been causing problems recently:
  1) The latest release of the ffi library was issuing SIGABRT messages, so we have reverted to the last known good version.
  2) We fixed something that went wrong with a recent release (I don't have the date of that release at the moment) causing a release of several incorrect versions.

With these changes, the Recommender is back online after an extended outage, and I suspect that the downtime issues of recent days will be significantly reduced (or we can hope, eliminated).

Again our apologies for those outages. We will continue to closely monitor the situation from our various (currently global) sites. Please let us know of any discrepancies you are seeing.

We will let you know of any further developments as they arise.

John
John Graybeal
Technical Program Manager
650-736-1632