[bioontology-support] Questions about displaying ontology structure

Claudia Knobloch claudia.knobloch at osthus.com
Fri Mar 23 02:07:06 PDT 2018

Hi,

I currently try to analyze how a node is displayed within the ontology browser.  I need to understand if there is an sorting of the subClassOf entries .

For example -http://purl.bioontology.org/ontology/SNOMEDCT/300101002
This node has two "parent" nodes:

  *   Pinna finding - http://purl.bioontology.org/ontology/SNOMEDCT/247236008

  *   Bleeding - http://purl.bioontology.org/ontology/SNOMEDCT/131148009

Not matter when I open the ontology browser, the "parent" node Pinna finding is always the first. I have access to a ttl-file of SNOMEDCT I see no hint within the file why that "parent" node is always first.

Do you know if the "parent" nodes are sorted? If yes, do you know how I can identify within the ttl-file the sorting? If no, do you know why one "parent node is always first? Thank you very much.

Kind regards
Claudia Knobloch