[bioontology-support] Questions about displaying ontology structure

John Graybeal jgraybeal at stanford.edu
Sat Mar 24 14:31:13 PDT 2018

Claudia,

To my understanding, they are not ordered. As you probably know the processing of ontology statements in an OWL file does not produce a defined ordering of results, and we do not attempt to order them in any particular way when they are output within these tables. There may be a pattern of the result, but if so it is not defined by us.

Should any of our BioPortal experts find fault with this answer, we will send an update. But I think you can find similar answers in previous email threads on the list.

John