[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Karelym Quintana

Michael Dorf mdorf at stanford.edu
Wed Mar 28 13:24:17 PDT 2018

Hi Karelym,

We import MedDRA into BioPortal roughly twice per year from UMLS distributions. We currently have the 2016AB distribution of UMLS ontologies imported. According to the UMLS documentation, their 2016AB release contained version MDR18_0 of MedDRA:

Last year we got behind in doing these imports, though we’re actively trying to catch up at the moment. There are a couple of issues in our tracker for getting the 2017 AA and AB releases into the BioPortal:

https://github.com/ncbo/bioportal-project/issues/60
https://github.com/ncbo/bioportal-project/issues/28

You could look there to follow our progress, or check in with us directly via the support list.

Thanks!

Michael