[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Valentina Galimberti

Michael Dorf mdorf at stanford.edu
Wed Mar 28 14:17:42 PDT 2018

Hi Valentina,

Thank you for contacting us. Unfortunately, I am not sure I can be of a direct help here. We maintain an ontology repository in BioPortal, but we are not experts on the actual ontology content (though some people on this list are). Here are a couple of suggestions:

1. BioPortal search. Would search possibly be helpful in locating the code you’re looking for? I’ve executed a quick search on “electron microscopy” and got a single result back pointing to the term “electron” in UBERON:

http://bioportal.bioontology.org/search?q=electron%20microscopy&ontologies=UBERON&include_properties=false&include_views=false&includeObsolete=false&require_definition=false&exact_match=false&categories=

2. Ontology contacts. You can find the ontology contact person’s info on this page:

http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/UBERON/

Hope this helped!

Thank you,

Michael

Michael Dorf
Chief Software Architect
Stanford Biomedical Informatics Research
mdorf at stanford.edu<mailto:mdorf at stanford.edu>
O: 650-723-0357
M: 650-995-4374