[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Derrick Lottich

John Graybeal jgraybeal at stanford.edu
Wed May 2 14:28:47 PDT 2018

If I understand correctly, an ontology that was previously public is changed to private, that will essentially make the ontology "disappear" for users who do not have access. So the before the first publication this approach will work, but subsequently it would make the ontology regularly disappear.

In which case I think the only satisfactory workflow would be to submit the draft ontology under a different acronym, where it is set to private with permission given to the desired users, as you describe. That acronym could then host a succession of draft ontologies, while the ultimately published ontologies would permanently use the original ontology acronym.

John