[bioontology-support] how to place an ontology on Bioportal?

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Fri May 11 12:54:13 PDT 2018

Hello Marcin,

On May 11, 2018, at 11:51 AM, Marcin Golec <msgolec at yahoo.com<mailto:msgolec at yahoo.com>> wrote:

Dear Madams/Sirs,

I would like to ask you how may I register / place the ontology prepared by our group in Bioportal?

To upload an ontology in Bioportal, you’ll need to create an account [1]. Then navigate to the Tools -> Ontology Browser page and click the Submit New Ontology button. From there, fill out the required fields in the resulting forms.

The process is also documented on our wiki [2].

What are the crititeria an ontology has to fulfill in order to be registered on Bioportal?

I’m not aware of any criteria, other than your ontology being related to the field of biomedicine.

[1] http://bioportal.bioontology.org/accounts/new
[2] https://www.bioontology.org/wiki/index.php/BioPortal_Help#Submitting_an_ontology