[bioontology-support] University of Virginia - REDCap Data Management System Issue

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Mon May 21 14:18:57 PDT 2018

Hello Fauzia,

You’ve reached the support list for the Bioportal REST API [1] and BioPortal application [2]. We have no knowledge of the REDCap software.

I assume your application is accessing ontology data via our REST API? To test your API key, simply open a browser window and enter any of the sample URLs we provide in our REST API documentation, e.g.:

http://data.bioontology.org/ontologies/SNOMEDCT/classes/http%3A%2F%2Fpurl.bioontology.org%2Fontology%2FSNOMEDCT%2F410607006<http://data.bioontology.org/ontologies/SNOMEDCT/classes/http://purl.bioontology.org/ontology/SNOMEDCT/410607006>?apikey=your_api_key_goes_here

If there’s an issue with your API key, the browser will display an error. If the call was successful, you’ll see JSON results displayed in the browser.

[1] http://data.bioontology.org/documentation
[2] http://bioportal.bioontology.org/