[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from suzi aleksander

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Mon Nov 19 11:20:47 PST 2018

Hi Suzi,

BioPortal is picking up new versions of GO again. Let us know if you see anything that looks amiss.

On Nov 16, 2018, at 4:24 PM, Jennifer Leigh Vendetti <vendetti at stanford.edu<mailto:vendetti at stanford.edu>> wrote:

Hi Suzi,

On Nov 15, 2018, at 4:43 PM, support at bioontology.org<mailto:support at bioontology.org> wrote:

Hi,

I'm looking at https://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/GO, and would like to inform you that GO has had about 10 official releases since the version you last listed (BioPortal lists January 2018; compare to http://release.geneontology.org/). It's possible you missed the handover from Stanford to LBNL, and your site is not automatically updating anymore. If you need help/clarifications locating the current versions please contact us on GitHub: https://github.com/geneontology/helpdesk/issues.

Thanks for alerting us to that. There appears to have been a problem with our process that checks for / loads new versions of GO on a nightly basis. I think I’ve corrected the problem, but will need to double check after the nightly process kicks off tonight. I’ll follow up to let you know how it’s proceeding.

BioPortal is currently configured to load new versions of the OBO file from: http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/go.obo. According to your documentation, that appears to be the correct URL.

I notice you referenced an issue tracker above for getting help with GO. I’m wondering if the metadata we list for GO on the ontology summary page (http://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/GO) is correct, i.e., the description, contact person, etc.?

(Also, running FF 60.0.1 on Sierra 10.12.6, and I have to use the Web Developer tools to shrink your grey footer in order to type anything in this box- the footer overlaps this field.)

I’m wondering if I could get more specifics from you here. I assume you’re referring to the feedback dialog that’s launched from Support -> Submit Feedback in the main menu bar? As far as I’m aware, this dialog has no footer:

<Screenshot 2018-11-16 16.22.19.png>