[bioontology-support] Old version of CL in BioPortal

John Graybeal jgraybeal at stanford.edu
Tue Nov 20 13:30:26 PST 2018

Thanks Paola for this request.

We update this ontology whenever it changes in the OBO Library, so the ontology itself is in fact current in BioPortal.

We generally use 'unknown' as the version information for OBO Library ontologies, as they do not use versionInfo to identify their versions (instead using the newer versionIRI string). So I have changed this version information to read 'unknown'.

I have also asked whether the OBO Library might change their recommendation to also include versionInfo attributes in the ontology, since that seems to me to be a dominant practice (reference https://github.com/OBOFoundry/OBOFoundry.github.io/issues/771).

John