[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from suzi aleksander

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Tue Nov 20 16:01:03 PST 2018

Hi Suzi,

On Nov 19, 2018, at 4:59 PM, Suzi Aleksander <suzia at stanford.edu<mailto:suzia at stanford.edu>> wrote:

Yes, http://purl.obolibrary.org/obo/go.obo is the right URL. There should just have been a new release on the 15th of this month.

Since the pull mechanism was corrected, BioPortal has retrieved 3 new versions of GO. I downloaded each of them and looked at the data-version attribute in the OBO files. I’m seeing:

data-version: releases/2018-11-14

data-version: releases/2018-11-17

data-version: releases/2018-11-18

Does this correspond to what you expect? Is there a place on the GO website that would allow me to see your list of versions and compare it to what we have?

Our contact info on that page isn't correct- GO isn't run by EBI, but EBI has their own group that does GO annotations (GOA)- so the confusion is common.  Can you put the GitHub tracker there? We're switching email systems and I'm not confident emails will be caught with our current setup.  The GitHub tracker is the best place to contact us for now.

Thanks for the clarification. I edited the contact information to use the GitHub tracker.

On a related note, we’re happy to grant privileges to GO administrators to make these sorts of edits yourselves. The steps involve creating a BioPortal account [1], and letting us know the username so that we can add you as administrators. I looked at the current permissions and see two accounts with admin privileges: rama and go at geneontology.org<http://geneontology.org>. Not sure if those are current.

For the footer issue, I've attached a screenshot.  Seems like using the "contact us" under Support in the footer leads to the issue; the Support dropdown/popup window is fine.  I'm slightly over 100% zoom, looks like reducing that to 80% allows me to submit (but then I can't read what I typed). And I'm viewing on my MBP, not an attached monitor.

Thanks for pointing that out. I performed a minor release to our production environment today that should address the problem. Clicking on Contact Us in the footer will now display the feedback form in a dialog - same behavior as the Support -> Submit Feedback menu item (you may have to refresh the page to see the change).

[1] https://bioportal.bioontology.org/accounts/new