[bioontology-support] bioportal.bioontology.org looks like it's down

Al-Quaddoomi Faisal Sabah alquaddoomi at nexus.ethz.ch
Fri Nov 23 06:39:29 PST 2018

Hello,

I wasn’t sure what the proper channel was to report this, but as of around 2:30pm CET it appears that https://bioportal.bioontology.org/account is throwing a 500 server error. I encountered it while following the advice from a 401 error I got while querying http://data.bioontology.org/search?q=splice_region_variant&apikey=7951121e-3c26-4db1-9f82-476d928dfbc2. (I thought my API was valid — it was working for previous requests — but perhaps not anymore? In any case, I can’t get to the account page to check.)

On a mildly related note, is there someplace where I can get a dump of the API’s dataset so that I don’t have to query your server so much? I’m writing a variant aggregation pipeline, and during its development I’ve been running the pipeline pretty frequently. I’m hoping this isn’t putting any undue strain on your server(s), and I’d like to reduce my contribution to it if possible.

Thanks,

Faisal Alquaddoomi
Software Developer
ETH Zürich, NEXUS, Switzerland