[bioontology-support] BioPortal: Questions

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Wed Oct 17 17:17:41 PDT 2018

Hi Simon,

On Oct 17, 2018, at 12:16 AM, redcap <redcap at UZGENT.be<mailto:redcap at UZGENT.be>> wrote:

My apologies for the delay in answering, I overlooked your emails (obviously).

Not a problem.

I am able to issue a REST call successfully (see screenshot below).
<image004.png>

Ok - thanks for checking that. The fact that you’re able to retrieve data successfully for that class would indicate to us that the problem isn’t at the REST API level, or with our backend caching mechanism.

For the other test, I am still getting a 500 error in the Network tab (see below). I performed the test on 2018-10-17T09:14:18+02:00, my user name is simon.vanderschaeghe.
<image005.png>

My colleague Michael and I spent some time looking at this today. We were unable to reproduce the 500 error in the BioPortal user interface, either logged in or out of the application. We're still leaning toward some kind of a local front-end caching issue. On that note, I’m wondering if you’d be willing to try opening a new incognito window in Chrome (File -> New Incognito Window), navigating to this class again [1], and letting us know if the error still occurs.

[1] https://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/ATC/?p=classes&conceptid=http%3A%2F%2Fpurl.bioontology.org%2Fontology%2FSTY%2FT051&jump_to_nav=true