[bioontology-support] BioPortal: Questions

redcap redcap at uzgent.be
Thu Oct 18 00:36:28 PDT 2018

Hi Jennifer,

  *   We're still leaning toward some kind of a local front-end caching issue.
As a backend developer I can confirm that a 500 HTTP error is always a backend issue. The error message can always be found in the server logs. If an incorrect argument is given a 4xx should be thrown. Not a 500 which means internal server error.
I can reproduce the problem as well, so it is not browser specific. Steps to reproduce are:

  1.  Login to bioportal. (This problem does not happen if you’re not logged in).
  2.  Browse to the https://bioportal.bioontology.org/ontologies/ATC/?p=classes&conceptid=http%3A%2F%2Fpurl.bioontology.org%2Fontology%2FSTY%2FT051&jump_to_nav=true page.
  3.  Expected: The class shows
  4.  Actual: An error page is shown:
[cid:image001.png at 01D466C5.8C697920]