[bioontology-support] How to download MEDDRA?

Jennifer Leigh Vendetti vendetti at stanford.edu
Thu Oct 25 17:21:34 PDT 2018

Hi Michael,

> On Oct 25, 2018, at 1:37 AM, Michael Liu <megapode32559 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> http://data.bioontology.org/ontologies/MEDDRA/download?apikey=8b5b7825-538d-40e0-9e9e-5ab9274a9aeb
>
> I got the following error message when I try to download MEDDRA. Does
> this mean that there is not a way to download it? Thanks.
>
> {
> -"errors": [
> "License restrictions on download for MEDDRA"
> ],
> "status": 403
> }

Due to licensing restrictions, we’re not allowed to offer downloads of the MEDDRA ontology source file via our REST service, or from the BioPortal website.

If you're a current UMLS license holder [1], please contact our technical program manager John Graybeal (cc'ed) for possible download options. (UMLS licenses are free and take about 5 business days to get approved).

[1] https://www.nlm.nih.gov/databases/umls.html#license_request