[bioontology-support] [BioPortal] Feedback from Vítězslav Vacek

John Graybeal jgraybeal at stanford.edu
Wed Apr 3 16:01:02 PDT 2019

I expect others will respond with an observation of what might be causing that odd result.

The simple thing I can say is that if you know you have the right unique identifier, yes you can use it wherever you need to.

This is an original object identifier and is valid, even if there are issues that prevent the PURL ID from resolving.

In this csae, your PURL ID http://purl.bioontology.org/ontology/CSP/1000-5566 has the ontology acronym CSP, but in BioPortal the ontology acronym is CRISP. (I do not have time to investigate, but a guess is that the ontology may be declaring the wrong path somewhere, perhaps an old one.) If you substitute CRISP for CSP in this identifier, I believe it resolves to what you want.

So arguably, the correct PURLs in this ontology should have CRISP instead of CSP. We'll take a look to make sure we aren't generating a bad PURL all by ourselves, but I think we're not, something may have to be fixed in the source content.

John